Yes, it IS possible to get a debut novel published! I recently spoke at @CCWriters Conference about my experiences, both frustrating and exhilarating, along this journey. My top five tips:
- KEEP WRITING! You get better at it as you go along.
- DON’T BE ALONE! Have cheerleaders in your corner (my husband and sister were phenomenal), and don’t quit your day job.
- REMEMBER: This can take a long time, and a lot of rejections along the way.
- INVEST? Think about putting away a little money to invest in your writing career – writers conferences are your best friend.
- DO YOUR PREP WORK! Follow the online instructions and tips for submitting your work.
Most important, DON’T GIVE UP! My own journey to the publication of @Nannyland was long and difficult – seven years, two agents, four novels, but IT HAPPENED! Just believe in yourself, and KEEP WRITING!
Leave A Comment